Sunday, March 25, 2012

DIY Sunday: Little bit of this and a little bit of that

Hello There!

I have been MIA for a few weeks! I was on vacation in Idaho for a week and then, of course, it takes at least a week to recover from the vacation. This week I have a couple different small projects to share.

The first project is the project we did this month for Craft Club. We made sunburst mirrors. There are a million different sunburst mirror projects on Pinterest you could pick. I chose to use wood shims as my sunburst. This craft is actually really cheap. I spent about a $10.00 on the craft. Visit The Thrifty Abode for the tutorial. My mirror turned out nice, but I did something wrong with the plywood underneath. Although the plywood made it very easy to hang.




I also have made two mason jar soap pumps. This projects if very easy. I got two mason jars from my mother-in-law with zinc lids. I got two soap pumps by buying some Suave lotion with grey lids. You just have to snip the straw to fit in the jar. You just take a hammer and a screw driver and hammer it through the top. The ceramic underneath will break easily. You can then use some pliers to peel back the lid to make room for the pump.


I also had some fun with my Silhouette too. I made this little sign for my daughter's door. It's hard to tell, but it's yellow vinyl.

Finally, my mother-in-law found me this end table to give a facelift to. I'm excited to sand it and give it some color. That will come next week!
Share:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig