Sunday, July 22, 2012

DIY Sunday: Piddle Pad

Hello,

If you have a little one in a car seat, chances are you have had this problem. There's a leak in a diaper or an accident, and now you have a dirty wet car seat. You can remove the cover to wash it, but chances are you have to remove buckles and uninstall the car seat. If you're like me, you won't be able to find the manual and will spend a couple of hours Googling how to take off the the cover. 

I found this fantastic idea on Nap Time Crafters. The piddle pad! It's absorbant and you can easily remove it to wash!

Now, I did a couple of changes from the tutorial. I chose to use microfiber on the outside and a cloth diaper on the inside (even more absorbent than terry cloth). It was also super convenient to use a microfiber dish towel. It was the perfect size for the seat. I made my piddle pad a bit bigger to get everything on the sides. The dish towel I picked up was also super cute for a little girl. I used a plain blue vinyl on the back to make it waterproof.

It was an easy project. I didn't turn and top stitch since the micro fiber dish towel was already finished on the sides. So, the project really only took a couple of minutes, and it will save a ton of time!

Our super cute cupcake piddle pad!!


  
Our car seat without our piddle pad. 


Our car seat with the piddle pad! So easy to remove and use!




Share:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig