Monday, August 20, 2012

DIY Planters Follow-Up


Hello There! 

I realized the other day that I didn't really ever follow up these outdoor projects I did with the finished result. 

At the beginning of the summer, I did a tutorial for a DIY burlap planter. I had an ugly plastic planter that blew into my yard. I waited a few weeks for someone to claim it, but it was never claimed. So I grabbed some burlap I had sitting around and decorated it. It turned out pretty cute. It also ended up being my prettiest planter. The flowers must have liked it too!

Planter sitting out with my old bench and old Pepsi box.
Ready for some dirty and flowers!!
Getting the Pepsi box ready to become a planter. I used this garbage bag to make it at least a little water proof and then poked drain holes in between the slats of the box. Fun planter for less than a dollar!
Planter with some flowers at the beginning of the summer.

Mother's Day flowers.

Junk & flowers are one of my favorite combinations! 

And then the flowers just TOOK off. Look how crazy they spread! Even my Pepsi container looked pretty cute!

Next, remember that desk I painted for my front porch? It became a planter as well!

The "before"...or as how it will look during the winter.


The summer "After." Next summer I will use succulents instead...these flowers didn't get much water being on the porch and didn't fair as well as others.


Share:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig