Thursday, November 1, 2012

Show & Tell: Pheasant and Pointer Baby Mobile

Hello!

I'm pretty excited to finally get to share a project that doesn't involve the baby's name! Whoohoo!

If you've read my blog over the years, you'll know that years ago I made a mobile for my daughter to match her owl theme (Visit the post here). At the time it was hard to find little girl owl items. Uh, not so much the case anymore!


I made the mobile from fabric and interfacing and used the parts from a rather ugly mobile. The tutorial ended up being featured on OnePrettyThing.com and my tutorial on Scribd has had over 4,600 downloads!

I decided there was no reason I shouldn't reuse the mobile parts and make the mobile more "hunting lodge" friendly for Baby #2. I was a bit worried about making the mobile this time around. Could I make felt pheasants? They are bit more difficult to trace and cut than owls. I made one and it wasn't really that cute. (Okay, Okay...it was downright ugly)

I did a lot of googling of pheasant images...well my husband did a lot of googling of pheasant images and gave me "proper" examples. Apparently, I don't know the difference between wild and pen raised pheasants. With the help of some hot glue (I tried to exclusively sew the first one), these pheasants turned out pretty good! At least you can tell what they are...if you know what a pheasant looks like that is!

Since I spent so much time on my daughter's mobile, I couldn't just throw away the owls I made. So I decided to take some of the owls along with the heart I had on the mobile and make some art for her room. Now she'll have a piece of her mobile with her as she grows up!


And here is the pheasant and pointing dog (German Shorthair Pointers, of course) baby crib mobile!

 




I also finished up the other half of the nursery! I have the art on the wall (I've edited the name featuring pieces), clothes on the old rustic ladder and the new changing pad cover. I'll talk more about this in another post.


 Follow Me on Pinterest

Share:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig