Tuesday, December 9, 2014

2014 Holiday House Tour

Good Afternoon!

It's a beautiful day outside. There's a layer of frost on the trees, and the temperature is fairly bearable.
I figured it's time to share our Christmas decorating. I am pretty happy with the way everything turned out. I like traditional red and gold and rustic touches around the home. Last weekend I finally got the house put together after pulling out all the Christmas decorations, and no sooner was that done that I decided to destroy my kitchen by putting up backsplash. It's going pretty well. It's taking forever, but I'm pretty darn happy with the way it's turning out. {Check out my Instagram for updates and pictures!}

Please enjoy this sneak peek into our house this holiday season!

Our Tree




Pillow covers from Wal-Mart post holiday sale. (70% off!)




$11.00 wreaths from Lowes and new bows using this tutorial with burlap ribbon from Wal-Mart.

Stairway & Entry Decorations


Fresh greenery added. Click here for the tutorial.




Stockings from Shutterfly and photography by Amber Walder Photography.



 

Touches Around Our Home

 
I love this chain. It looks like a paper chain, but it's actually metal. I've added my Willow Tree Navity to the top of the hutch.





 
 Vintage ribbon from my grandmother's basement.





 
Get the tutorial for this ornament (or use it for cards!) tree here.


 Ignore the unfinished wall (which is being tiled right now!). A simple wreath is a nice touch here.



 This was a fun easy cheap project. Rustic wood scrapbook paper mod podged on cardboard letters. Cost was about $4.00 and it took only an hour to complete!



I had the yarn wrapped letters from a few years ago, but we painted a tree and reindeer as a family for some new decorations.




Another fun project! I got a precut board from Wal-Mart and free handed the lettering.

 Outside Decorations




Get the tutorial on how to add fresh greenery to your garland here.






Kinda obsessed with my garland if you can't tell!








Fresh greenery (free from the clipping box at Lowes!) with lights and pinecones in a vintage milk crate.


DIY Nativity scene. Click here for the tutorial.
 

Simple DIY Star made out of five yard sticks and white lights.


Mailbox decorations with some frost help from mother nature!


Simple wooden trees from the entrance to our property. Only a few dollars, a couple of cuts and they were done in an hour.


Little sneak peak of a different color from behind. I'm excited to see these weather and look more rustic over the years.





Share:

No comments

Blogger Template Created by pipdig